Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions – Adelaar
ADELAAR is available for individual or group bookings for our Bali to Komodo itinerary, with diving focused in the Komodo National Park. We accept full boat bookings for Komodo as well as any special private itinerary. The following outlines our booking-, payment- and cancellation policies.
- Our scheduled departures from Bali to Komodo begin and end in Bali, and make stops in Satonda, Banta, Komodo, Rinca, Sangeang and Moyo. Each trip itinerary is customized depending on weather and sea conditions, visibility, and of course guest preference.
- Adelaar reserves the right to change the itinerary during a trip for any reason it deems necessary (i.e. due to sea and weather conditions, or in the event that the captain feels the safety of the ship and/or Her guests are in jeopardy).
Booking and Payment for Individual Bookings:
- Individuals can book for any of our scheduled Komodo trips, through agents or direct by e-mail. Please include passenger name, passport number, birth date, and nationality, as well as cabin preference and any special dietary restrictions.
- A deposit of EUR 500 per person must be received to secure a booking. The deposit is not refundable in the event of a later cancellation.
- Full balance is due 60 days prior to departure. If the booking is made less than 60 days prior to departure, the full payment is due upon booking.
Booking and Payment for Group Bookings:
- Groups can book for any of our scheduled Komodo trips, through agents or direct by e-mail. For each member of the group, please, include: passenger name, passport number, birth date, and nationality, as well as cabin preference and any special dietary restrictions.
- The maximum number of passengers is 8.
- A deposit of EUR 500 per person is due to secure the group booking. The deposit is not refundable in the event of a later cancellation.
- Full payment is due 90 days prior to departure. If the booking is made less than 90 days prior to departure, the full balance is due upon booking.
Cancellations for Individual and Group Bookings:
All cancellations must be made by fax or e-mail. The date that ADELAAR receives the cancellation of the booking by e-mail or fax is the date used to determine the cancellation penalty.
Cancellation penalties for individual bookings:
- More than 61 days prior to departure: forfeit of deposit.
- Less than 60 days prior to departure: 100% of the individual cruise price.
Cancellation penalties for group bookings:
- More then 91 days prior to departure: forfeit of deposit.
- Less than 90 days prior to departure: 100% of the group charter price.
- Once an add-in Diving Komodo Itinerary becomes fully booked and closed for further bookings, no refunds will be given for cancellations. This information will be posted on our webpage schedule, as fully booked. Individual guests are responsible for checking the website prior to any cancellation.
- A passenger who has booked into a scheduled Bali to Komodo trip, and who wishes to cancel, has the option to substitute another person (not already scheduled on the trip) into his space to avoid the cancellation penalty. Passenger substitution will be allowed up to three days prior to departure.
- ADELAAR will not refund any money to passengers who fail to show for boarding on the trip departure date, whether this is due to missed airline connections or from the lack of proper paperwork required to enter the country, or any other reason. If an airline connection is missed, ADELAAR will make all efforts to arrange that the passenger can join the ADELAAR at some point in the itinerary. However, the cost to do so (airfare, small boat transport to ADELAAR, or any other cost involved) is solely the responsibility of the client.
- If the customer interrupts or cuts short a trip for any reason, ADELAAR is not liable to refund any money to the customer. In cases of emergency such as personal illness or accident, ADELAAR will assist in all necessary arrangements for the passenger’s return travel. However, the cost of this is to be borne solely by the passenger.
- For these reasons we strongly recommend the purchase of trip interruption insurance and/or trip cancellation insurance.
Additional conditions for group bookings with a custom itinerary:
Group bookings that deviate from our published cruise itinerary or to another destination, will be subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
- A repositioning fee will be added to the total cost of the cruise depending on boarding and deboarding ports.
- A deposit of EUR 4,000 will be due within 10 days after booking. This deposit is non-refundable in the event of a later cancellation.
Cruise price includes:
- All accommodation onboard the vessel
- Harbor Fees
- All meals and snacks, soft drinks, juices, coffee, tea and drinking water
- Tanks, weights, and weight belts
- Experienced Divemaster
Cruise price does not include:
- Transfers to and from the harbor
- Komodo National Park fees or Moyo & Satonda Reserve fees
- Rental equipment on board
- Beer or alcoholic beverages
- Land programs or any tours on land
Changes to rates:
While we try to avoid pricing increases after a charter has been booked, it is possible that prices could be increased. Adelaar reserves the right to increase the price up until 61 days prior to departure. The circumstances under which this may occur are as follows:
- Increases in fuel costs
- Increases in port charges
- Currency fluctuations
Trip Cancellation by ADELAAR:
- Cancellations due to Customer: ADELAAR reserves the right to cancel a booking if actions on the customer’s part give justifiable cause to do so. In such instance ADELAAR will refund any payments already made. ADELAAR will not be liable for any other costs the client might have in conjunction with this booking.
- Cancellations due to Force Majeure and unpredictable acts of man: ADELAAR reserves the right to cancel a trip for reasons of Force Majeure (i.e. natural disasters, epidemics etc.) or unpredictable acts of man (i.e. war, riots, strikes etc.). In the event of this happening ADELAAR will contact the client as soon as a decision has been made to cancel the departure.
- Trip cancellation by Adelaar for other reasons: ADELAAR reserves the right to cancel a trip for other reasons that are unpredictable and beyond our control. In this circumstance we will inform the customer at the earliest possible date, and a full refund will be issued. In the event of a cancellation, ADELAAR will assist in trying to locate a suitable replacement vessel. Should the trip have to be cancelled, ADELAAR will not be held responsible for any related costs (i.e. flights, hotels, or any other such costs) the client might have in conjunction with this trip.
- Lastly, ADELAAR does not offer refunds in the event of personal injury, airplane delay, mechanical breakdowns, weather, sickness, strikes, war, criminal acts, quarantine, acts of god, or if another guest requires immediate evacuation and the vessel must return to port, or any other event beyond its actual control.
Guests are strongly advised to have valid dive medical, travel- and cancellation insurances.
Damages resulting from personal injury, illness or death:
- ADELAAR is not responsible for any compensation for any damage that results from illness, personal injuries or death which may be sustained while on any portion of the trip, whether this is due to the ownership, maintenance, use, operation or control of any vehicle (aircraft, automobile, bicycle, boat, or any other conveyance used in carrying out these trips).
- ADELAAR assumes no liability for any damage whatsoever, caused by failure or delay, irregularities, acts or omissions that have been provided by owners, operators or public carriers, even if the service was for and on behalf of ADELAAR
- ADELAAR shall not be held responsible for any injury to person (whether or not resulting in death) arising out of any act of war, insurrection, revolt or other civil uprising or military action occurring in the countries of origin, destination or passage.
- In the case of a medical problem or injury occurring during the trip, either on board or on shore, which results in costs for medical care, evacuation or repatriation, the responsibility for payment of these costs belongs solely to the passenger.
Certification & Disabilities:
- Upon boarding all divers are required to show proof of dive certification, medical diving insurance such as DAN or equivalent and recent medical statement assuring that they are fit for diving for ongoing medical conditions (< 1 year).
- All divers must complete a liability release waiver prior to diving.
- Upon payment of the deposit as a diver, the client certifies that he/she does not have a mental or physical disability that would make him/her unable to safely take part in the dive program during the trip.
- Upon payment of the deposit, the client also certifies that he/she has the diving experience to take part in the dive program and agrees to follow the instructions of the dive guide/instructor during the trip.
Loss or damage to personal belongings:
- ADELAAR is not responsible for any loss or damage to a guest’s personal belongings while on any portion of the trip.